Malahide Marina boasts one of the best lifting and the only purpose built, covered boatyard facilities on the east coast, with capacity for 180 boats ashore in our safe, secure boatyard. We can offer you:
- Fuel: supplies of marine diesel and petrol are available by arrangement with the berthing master. Gas can be obtained locally. For fuel and boatyard services, do not enter the marina. Leave the eastern breakwater to port and proceed along the breakwater to the end of the hoist bay.
- Lifting services are available subject to arrangement with the marina office, and include high pressure hull washing, mast removal and stepping and engine lifts, as well as storage of your vessel ashore in our boatyard on purpose-built cradles, boat stands or timber blocks
- Boat lifting: Our experienced boatyard staff offer an excellent lifting service using a Wise mobile hoist capable of lifting up to 30 tonnes with a maximum beam of 17.5 feet.
- Mast Lifting: This machine hoist also features a 1-tonne crane to facilitate engine lifts or stepping masts
- Boat Mover: The 20-tonner hydraulic boat mover has increased our haulage capacity by 30% and gives a greater degree of flexibility.
- Cradle Hire
Whether you prefer to sail through the winter, or lay-up your vessel, Malahide Marina is here to assist. Special rates apply for Winter Berthage, and those with time to enjoy the shorter days can relish those golden winters days afloat. For laying up your vessel, our boatyard offers you facilities for all maintenance work you need carried out, whether ashore for open storage, or under cover in our unique covered repair facility.
The only Purpose-built Waterfront Covered Boat Repair Facility on Ireland's East Coast in Malahide, Co. Dublin.
The covered boat repair facility offers a complete range of maintenance, refurbishment and repair services, all conveniently available within the confines of Malahide Marina. The 2,000 sq. ft. covered repair facility caters for jobs ranging from fitting bow-thrusters and stern thrusters, repairing hulls and keels, installing new engines, spray-painting, polishing and anti-fouling, to simple installations such as fitting VHF radios and aerials or new batteries, horns, anodes or rope-cutters. These services are used by several boat sales companies for the commissioning of new vessels.
The waterfront covered boat repair facility accommodates vessels of up to 55ft, and frequently caters for up to four boats at a time. Not all work requires the vessel to locate within the Covered Boat Repair Facility. In many cases the required jobs are accomplished without even lifting the boat ashore. Malahide Marina's customers enjoy these services locally, and vessels come from other locations to avail of this comprehensive service.
April to September: Hull washing; Antifouling; Anodes; Engine service; Powerboat instruction; GRP repairs; ReBuffing; Valeting; Polishing; Navigation aids installation. All available at Malahide Marina boatyard.
Off-Season Laying Up:
October to March: Epoxy treatment and osmosis prevention; Varnishing; Teak deck maintenance; Fibre glass repairs; Navigational instruments repair.
See Also...Boatyard Pricing
Please also refer to our Boatyard Products & Services page for more...